Saturday, January 29, 2011

waiting for Zach.....

Its kinda funny how when I first found out I was pregnant I thought that 9 months was not enough time to prepare for having my first child.  The thoughts come into my head like "Oh my gosh, in less than a year I will be a mom."  Then you start worrying.  Not only about the health of the baby you are carrying, but about getting things ready for him.  I worried.  I prepared.  I read.  I listened to horror stories.  I listened to great stories.  Through all this I have seen how God has changed my mentality.  I'm 39 weeks pregnant, almost at 40 and I just want him to hurry up and get here.  I've felt this way probably for the last month.  Every pain, discomfort, and movements makes me think "is it time?"  Thursday night I thought I might be starting something.  Today I thought I might be starting something.  Both times, the pains have stopped.  My heart jumps in excitement during the pains.  "It might be today!"  But then get discouraged when the pain stops and its not today.  Discouragment at the pain stopping!  Everything is ready for Zach to come.  It seems like everything and everybody is ready except him! 

So friends, if you are pregnant and you fear the future of your baby and not having enough time, just know that pretty soon you will just want the baby inside of you to hurry up and come into the world so you can enjoy him and love him.  Hang in there.  9 months passes very quickly. 

Keep paying attention to updates on facebook.  This labor thing could happen pretty quickly for me.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of and praying for you, Michele. Erin's little girl will be in just under three weeks. Maybe these little ones will be friends. You are going to be a great mom. Lynn Campbell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that feeling... and I remember people telling me: "enjoy your time before he comes...", "it'll never be the same...", "get some sleep..." I would just grin and nod and think to myself: "do you want to carry this baby for the next month?!"... On the other side of things, I realize, they were right. BUT, it's a lot easier to cope with lost sleep when you have your sweet little boy in your arms and you realize it has all been worth it! :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete