Thursday, September 16, 2010

So the blog thing......

So I've always wanted to be a writer.  When I was in High School and college I would spend hours writing in my journal about many things.  I noticed that my entries would change from crushes, first dates, kisses, friends, and family to God, family, growth, friends, boys, heartbreaks, and triumphs.  I've watched me change through the years. 

I haven't written in a long time.  Which is why I've started this thing.  Writing somehow relaxes me.  Takes me away from the things that pull me down.  Sometimes I write too much.  Sometimes I turn to the wrong areas to write.  But I think this is safe.  Safe because I have freedom.  And safe because I can control who I want to read it. 

Lately God has brought me through a lot.  I married the man that I never thought would come and I'm pregnant with our first child.  I'm filled with many emotions regarding Zach.  Joy.  Love.  Fear.  Anxiety.  Happiness....  Will I be a good mom?  Will I know what to do?  What will he look like?  Who's eyes will he have?  Will we ever be able to afford a place to call our own?  Will Zach be happy?  I know I must trust God in the unknown, but its often so hard. 

God has been teaching me a lot the last two weeks.  About myself.  My struggles.  My pain.  My fears.  My desires.  And my hopes.  I wonder if God ever gets tired of me turning to other people for help with my pain and not him.  Or is that what people are there for?  I really struggle with that.  Looking to others for acceptance and love instead of the one that can give it to me completely.  I'm not saying that other people do a bad job of showing me love and acceptance.  My friends do a great job, but if I can't even accept God's love how can I accept their love without question?  I'm just saying that God has really shown me that I need to seek him out first.  Then my fear of being overwhelming to others... might not be so overwhelming because I am resting in his love... 

A good friend told me recently that her prayer for me is that I can see outside myself.  I've been really holding onto that prayer this last week.  Trying to not focus on all the things I don't like about myself.  But instead, trying to focus on our God.  How great he is and what he has put us here on this earth for.  I don't know if the whole world is as lucky as I am to know what I'm passionate about and what I'm good at.  I don't just guess...I KNOW.  So... I focus on my mission field.  I focus on here.  Now.  I focus on showing love to others in a way that they might not be able to see themselves.  Because often I am that way.  Not able to accept God's or other peoples love.  I would appreciate prayer for this. 

So with this blog I'll keep you updated.  Zach moves a lot.  It's pretty cool to sit in a room and feel movement inside.  I feel silly because I am not a singer but I've started to sing to him.  Geoffe and I like to make up songs on the spot.  That's always fun.  Usually Geoffes end up being about how Zach's mom is a beautiful dork and mine end up being about love.  Oh.. half way there...  4-5 months more and we will meet him.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment